The Income Tax (I-T) division will launch a brand new ‘taxpayer pleasant’ earnings tax e-filing portal- www.incometax.gov.in, on June 7, 2021, geared toward offering a hassle-free and comfy expertise to taxpayers. In a latest assertion, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the apex physique which heads the I-T division stated that the present earnings tax e-filing portal shall be phased out after a ‘blackout interval’ of six days starting subsequent month, between June 1 – June 6, 2021. (Also Read: Deadline For Filing Income Tax Returns Extended Till September 30 Amid COVID-19 )
The Central Board of Direct Taxes, which frames coverage for the I-T division, urged taxpayers to finish all their pressing duties involving any submission, add or downloads earlier than June 1, with the intention to keep away from any issue through the blackout interval – June 1-June 6, 2021. The transition from the outdated e-filing portal – www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, to the brand new one – www.incometaxgov.in, shall be finished and carried out for normal operations on June 7. (Also Read: New Income Tax E-filing Portal To Be Launched For Taxpayers On June 7 )
According to a press release launched by the Ministry of Finance on Thursday, May 20, the brand new taxpayer-friendly options and advantages provided by the brand new earnings tax e-filing portal are as follows:
- The portal shall be built-in with the fast processing of the earnings tax returns to challenge fast refunds to taxpayers
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions shall be displayed on a single dashboard for a follow-up motion by the taxpayer
- A free-of-cost ITR preparation software program shall be accessible on-line in addition to offline with interactive questions to help taxpayers to file their returns on earnings, even when they don’t have a lot data on tax-related points. It will assist in pre-filling and minimising knowledge entry effort.
- A brand new name middle for taxpayer help shall be accessible for fast solutions to taxpayer queries with movies, tutorials, continuously requested questions (FAQs), and chatbot/dwell agent
- All main portal features on the desktop shall be accessible on the cell app which shall be enabled subsequently for full anytime entry on a cell community
- A brand new on-line tax fee system on the brand new portal shall be enabled subsequently with a number of new fee choices utilizing UPI, web banking, RTGS/NEFT, bank cards from any account of the taxpayer in any financial institution, for seamless and handy fee of taxes.
During the blackout period- June 1-June 6, when the present earnings tax portal is not going to be operational, the I-T division is not going to repair any compliance dates, to keep away from any inconvenience to taxpayers. The new e-filing portal shall be operational on June 7. The hearings of instances or compliances shall be mounted solely from Juen 10, 2021, onwards to offer taxpayers a while to get acquainted with and reply to the portal’s new system.