New Delhi: The outcomes of the high-octane Karnataka Meeting elections shall be declared tomorrow. Polling concluded in Karnataka to elect the 224-member Legislative Meeting on Could 10 with the southern state recording a voter turnout of 72 per cent until 5 pm. The state is seeing a three-cornered contest between the incumbent BJP, an aggressive Congress, and the Deve Gowda-led Janata Dal (Secular), which might hope to play kingmaker once more. The 224 seats span throughout six areas – Bengaluru, Central, Coastal, Hyderabad-Karnataka, Mumbai-Karnataka and Southern Karnataka or Outdated Mysore area. Mumbai-Karnataka and Southern Karnataka are the biggest areas of the state and consist of fifty and 51 Meeting seats respectively.
Whereas BJP hopes to buck the 38-year pattern of Karnataka by no means voting the incumbent get together to energy since 1985, Congress will look to wrest the state regardless of forming a authorities after the final election in 2018.
Within the 2018 polls, Deve Gowda’s son HD Kumaraswamy turned the chief minister after JD(S) entered right into a post-poll alliance with the Congress. Nevertheless, the federal government lasted barely a 12 months, with BJP weaning away MLAs, resulting in the collapse of the JD(S)-Congress authorities in July 2019. BJP emerged as the only largest get together within the Home within the 2018 election, profitable 104 seats.
Right here’s a listing of preparations which have been made forward of the counting:
- There are 34 Counting Centres throughout Karnataka with 5 of them in Bengaluru the place the counting of the votes will start at 8.00 am.
- The Election Fee has appointed Particular counting Observers in any respect the counting centres.
- The counting of votes shall be executed beneath CCTV surveillance and the method shall be videographed.
- The counting shall be executed on 4256 tables in 306 halls on the 34 counting centres.
- There shall be 224 Returning Officers and 317 Assistant Returning Officers who shall be chargeable for the counting course of.
- There can even be 4256 Counting Supervisors, Assistants and Micro Observers to supervise the counting on the centres.
- The state has organized three layers of safety across the counting centres.
- The Election Fee has made preparations to announce the outcomes and pattern updates on results.eci.gov.in
- The Bengaluru police Friday mentioned Part 144 shall be imposed in your entire district on Saturday. Police mentioned strict safety measures shall be carried out round 5 counting centres in Bengaluru.