As the second Covid wave has ravaged Karnataka, state Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa introduced that all the state together with Bengaluru metropolis will go for a full lockdown for ranging from April 27, 9 pm until May ninth in a bid to comprise the raging COVID-19 disaster.
The state particularly the capital Bengaluru is reeling underneath a disaster of ventilator and ICU beds with sufferers needing to attend for hours to get admitted to hospitals.
Karnataka has greater than 1.6 lakh energetic instances with an awesome majority in Bengaluru. In mild of this, some members of the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) which held its 99th assembly on April 24 in Bengaluru had suggested for a two-week-long down.
What’s Open And What Will Remain Shut?
- The Yediyurappa authorities mentioned that the state will likely be underneath full lockdown for 14 days due to this fact all outlets, malls, cinema halls, eating places will stay shut.
- Stores promoting important gadgets will stay open for individuals solely from 6 am to 10 am, the Chief Minister confirmed.
- Manufacturing sector constructions, agricultural actions will likely be allowed however garment factories are prohibited.
- Public transportation is not going to perform. Goods will be transported from one state to a different.
- Takeaway from eating places and residential supply of alcohol has been allowed.
Karnataka reported one other greatest single-day spike of 34,804 new COVID-19 instances, taking the full caseload to 13.39 lakh, whereas 143 associated fatalities pushed the toll to 14,426, the Health Department mentioned on Sunday. Bengaluru alone registered for 20,733 instances.
The separate pointers will likely be issued by the federal government later within the day.