Whenever you create or add a doc on Google Drive, Google, by default, makes you the only real proprietor and editor of the doc. So, if you happen to want to switch the possession of your doc to another person to make it straightforward for them to edit or share it, you may tweak the settings. But, when you do this, you will not be capable to switch the possession again to your self, and the brand new proprietor could have the power to take away you and alter entry.
Here’s all the pieces that that you must know earlier than making another person the editor of your Google Doc.
Roles in Google Doc
The Owner of a Google Doc can edit, share, delete, take away entry for editors and viewers and even invite others to edit or view it, whereas the Editor of a Google Doc can solely edit and see the record of editors and viewers. They can take away and invite folks if the proprietor permits them to take action.
The Viewer of a Google Doc can solely learn it and equally, the Commenter has the proper to solely add feedback.
Change proprietor of a Google Doc
You cannot change the proprietor of Google Docs in your Android gadget or iPhone, so you’ll have to open it in your laptop computer or PC.
- Open the house display screen for Google Docs and go to that specific doc you wish to switch the possession of.
- Now, click on the Share button on the high proper aspect of the display screen and kind the identify or electronic mail id of the particular person you wish to share the doc with.
- Then, click on Share. But you probably have already shared the doc then skip this step.
- Now, to vary the proprietor, return to the Share possibility on the high and click on the down arrow accessible proper subsequent to the identify of the particular person.
- Click Make Owner > Yes after which Done.
Now, that particular person will turn out to be the proprietor of the doc and you’ll now not have the choice to vary the settings.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Is OnePlus 9R outdated wine in a brand new bottle — or one thing extra? We mentioned this on Orbital, the Gadgets 360 podcast. Later (beginning at 23:00), we speak concerning the new OnePlus Watch. Orbital is offered on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and wherever you get your podcasts.