One of one of the best new Safari options in macOS Big Sur is the flexibility to customize the Start Page in Safari. It’s a small however helpful addition to the default Web browser on macOS, which has more and more been specializing in privateness. The begin web page is the place you see all of your bookmarks, regularly visited web sites, and many others. You can now determine which parts present up on this web page, and even add a pleasant wallpaper within the background. Here’s how you are able to do that.
- Open Safari in your Mac.
- In the menu bar on the high, go to Bookmarks after which click on Show Start Page.
- You will now see the beginning web page in Safari. In the bottom-right nook, one can find a Settings icon. Click that.
- You can now choose the way you need your begin web page to look. There are six choices right here — Favourites, Frequently Visited, Privacy Report, Siri Suggestions, Reading List, and Background Image.
- Uncheck the stuff you don’t need on the beginning web page. We did not need a checklist of regularly visited web sites, so we eliminated that, however you possibly can select totally different choices primarily based in your preferences.
- Finally, let’s add a pleasant background picture right here. Right under the Background Image possibility in begin web page settings (talked about in step 3), you will note a field with a plus icon. If you wish to add your personal wallpaper, click on that plus icon and add any picture.
- If you’d slightly select Apple’s background photos, scroll to the precise within the background photos part of Safari’s begin web page settings. Here you may discover a couple of good wallpapers and you may choose whichever you want.
That is how one can shortly customise Safari’s begin web page on macOS Big Sur.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Is MacEbook Air M1 the transportable beast of a laptop computer that you simply at all times wished? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly expertise podcast, which you’ll subscribe to through Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button under.