National Common Mobility Card: The totally operational National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) service was inaugurated on the 23 km lengthy Delhi Metro Airport Express Line connecting New Delhi to Dwarka Sector 21 on Monday, December 28. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the providers to be operational for commuters on the Delhi Metro Airport Express Line, by way of video conferencing yesterday. The National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) is an inter-operable transport card and permits passengers from any a part of the nation to make the most of their NCMC-compliant RuPay debit card for touring on the Delhi Metro’s Airport Express Line. (Also Read: Here’s All You Need To Know About India’s First Driverless Train For Delhi Metro )
Here’s how the National Common Mobility Card will ease journey throughout the Delhi Metro community and facilitate cost techniques for residents:
- In easy phrases, anybody having a RuPay-debit card issued by any of the 23 banks within the final 18 months, from any a part of the nation, will have the ability to journey on the Delhi Metro Airport Express line utilizing the identical card. According to the metro operator Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), the identical card will also be used for purchasing, banking transactions, and so on. throughout the nation.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation will have the ability to settle for transactions from the 23 banks, that are NCMC-compliant as per instructions of the central authorities’s division of economic providers, by the RuPay debit card issued by them.
- Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs stated that the automated fare assortment system in Delhi Metro Airport Express Line has now been made totally ‘open loop’, because it accepts any RuPay debit card compliant with the National Common Mobility Card.
- He added that RuPay debit playing cards will work on city transport techniques, retail or financial institution ATM’s, saving folks from buying totally different playing cards for numerous functions when touring in numerous cities.
National Common Mobility Card – Top Features:
- The National Common Mobility Card is principally an indigenous computerized fare assortment system. Apart from Delhi Metro journey on Airport Express Line, it may even enable folks or commuters to pay for toll taxes, bus providers, parking, retail purchasing, and accessing the ATM to withdraw cash.
- A primary of its variety within the nation, the One Nation One Card model- NCMC was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi final yr. According to the central authorities, they’re bank-issued playing cards on debit/credit score/pay as you go card product platform. Users can make the most of this for funds throughout all segments together with metro, bus, railways, suburban, parking, sensible metropolis, toll, retail.
- The card’s saved worth helps the transactions on offline mode throughout all journey necessities with minimal monetary danger to the concerned stakeholders. The card’s service space function helps operator-specific functions like month-to-month passes, season tickets, and so on.
The Delhi Metro community authorities are planning to improve its total present community by 2022 to facilitate journey by the NCMC-compliant RuPay Debit card. The present Delhi Metro tokens (presently not in use because of COVID-19 pandemic restrictions), sensible playing cards, QR Codes, and so on., may even proceed to stay in use for commuters. All the upcoming corridors of Delhi Metro Phase-IV may even be constructed with NCMC-compliant computerized fare assortment system on the metro stations.