The Universal Account Number (UAN) has turn out to be an vital a part of the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) companies, which will be simply accessed on-line. The UAN makes it simpler for individuals to function PF account companies corresponding to checking EPF steadiness with out the employer’s assist, withdrawal, and availing PF mortgage purposes. The UAN is a 12-digit account quantity allotted by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation to each worker and it stays the identical for the complete life, regardless of what number of jobs one modifications. EPFO additionally allots a brand new member identification quantity each time one modifications jobs over the course of a profession, which is linked to the UAN. (Also Read: EPFO Extends Deadline To Submit Life Certificate For Pensioners Till February 2021 )
Here is how one can log into the EPFO portal utilizing the UAN:
- Visit the EPFO portal – https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- Click on ‘For Employees’ below the ‘our companies’ on the dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Member UAN/on-line companies’ within the companies part.
- You will now be directed to the UAN portal.
- Enter your UAN adopted by cell quantity and PF member ID.
- Click on the ‘Get authorization PIN’ choice.
- The PIN will probably be despatched to your registered cell quantity.
- Enter the OTP and click on on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
Once the UAN will get activated, one receives a password on the registered quantity to entry the account. UAN helps to deliver collectively all the worker information in a single place. The service additionally helps EPFO to acquire the checking account particulars and KYC of members with out bothering the employers. There are different advantages of registering on the EPFO portal. One may obtain/print the passbook anytime. The UAN card may also be simply downloaded. Updating the KYC info will get simpler after registration on EPFO.