Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 is a step up from its predecessor in quite a lot of methods, however there are a number of helpful options which might be dug deep beneath layers of menus. So on this information we’ll spotlight some hidden options that aren’t solely cool to make use of, however may enhance your productiveness in quite a lot of methods. These hidden options don’t require you to obtain something particular, these are proper there in both system or app settings.
Before you begin following the steps on this information, we advocate you to double-check the model of MIUI in your smartphone. Another factor to notice right here is that we used a Redmi 9 Power for this tutorial, so a few of these options might not work in your smartphone as a result of Xiaomi ships completely different builds of MIUI 12 for various gadgets. There can also be a video embedded under that can present you an identical hidden options together with a bonus tip, so do test it out.
1. Floating home windows
While to this point MIUI has allowed you to make use of two apps in cut up display, it did not allow you to open an app in a pop-up window, till now. MIUI 12 calls this characteristic Floating Windows. It is a helpful characteristic particularly if you wish to multitask. To use it:
- Open an app after which deliver up the recents.
- Hold down on the app’s icon.
- Tap on the floating window icon.
Alternatively, you may as well entry it by flattening the notification shade after which tapping Floating Windows within the fast shortcuts menu.
2. Ultra battery saver mode
We have seen extremely battery saver mode in a number of Android smartphones for years, however Xiaomi telephones received the characteristic solely in MIUI 12. To allow this: go to Settings > Battery > Enable Ultra battery saver.
There’s additionally a fast toggle shortcut for this within the notification shade or the management centre, no matter you’re utilizing. Watch the video embedded under to know how one can allow the management centre in MIUI 12.
3. New clock model
MIUI 12 really has a brand new clock model on your lock display. To test it out:
- Go to Settings > Lock display > Lock display clock format.
- Pick the brand new clock model format.
4. Privacy safety
MIUI 12 now offers you a single command centre to maintain a tab of permissions that you’ve got given to each particular person app. To test this out:
- Go to Privacy safety.
- Here you may see an summary of permissions. You can faucet on All permissions to get a extra in depth view after which activate or off permissions for every app.
- You additionally get the power to see which apps get Special permissions like Do Not Disturb entry, Notification entry and Unrestricted knowledge entry.
5. Screen recording settings
If you are a streamer, or in the event you take quite a lot of display recordings, MIUI 12 permits you to tweak round a bunch of settings. To test it out:
- Open the Screen Recorder > Settings.
- Here, you will see *Video high quality which helps you to improve the output bitrate to 60Mbps and even 100Mbps in some Xiaomi gadgets.
- You may select the audio channel of your display recordings by tapping on Sound supply. Here you possibly can select to mute the audio, use solely the Mic or solely the System sounds.
6. Listen to YouTube in background at no cost
MIUI 12 permits you to hearken to YouTube whereas your cellphone is locked, with out having a subscription to YouTube Premium. To strive it out:
- Go to Settings > Special options.
- Tap Video toolbox and allow it.
- Give permissions to the apps that you simply wish to run whereas the cellphone is locked.
You will now discover a hovering tab on the sting of the display whereas watching YouTube movies. Swipe it out and faucet ‘Play App in Background. This will allow you to play YouTube movies whereas your smartphone is locked.
7. Adjust background blur in images
You might already know that in the event you take a photograph within the portrait mode, you possibly can select the extent of background blur by tapping on that little aperture icon. But what if you wish to change the background blur later? MIUI 12 permits you to change the background blur after you will have clicked a photograph. To do that:
- Open the Gallery app.
- Tap the tiny aperture icon on a portrait photograph.
- Choose the quantity of blur by dragging the slider.
8. Customise the digital camera app
MIUI 12 has added a couple of options that allow you to customise the Camera app’s UI. For occasion, in the event you do not just like the bunched up further digital camera modes within the More tab, you possibly can change them by following these steps:
- Open Camera app.
- Go to Camera settings > Customise > Camera modes.
- Here you possibly can select how you need to rearrange the extra digital camera modes.
You additionally produce other stuff you tweak round within the Customise menu:
- You can faucet Feature format to alter the order of digital camera options on the underside of the UI.
- You may go to Colours and choose the color scheme of your Camera app.
- The Sounds setting lets you choose the form of sound your digital camera shutter will make when clicking a photograph.
9. Custom boot animation
MIUI 12 now permits you to change your boot animation. It’s a fairly neat characteristic in the event you’re bored of the identical inventory boot animation if you flip up your cellphone. You must obtain some boot animations from the Theme retailer, however they do work fantastically. Here’s how one can strive it out:
- Open the Themes > Customise theme > Boot animation.
- Pick the boot animation of your selection.
You can now reboot your smartphone and see the brand new boot animation.
10. Dark mode
MIUI 12 has a system-wide Dark Mode. To allow this:
- Open Settings > Display > Dark mode.
- Enable the darkish theme right here.
You get higher distinction and the display turns into extra usable in the event you’re utilizing your smartphone late at evening. That’s not it, you may as well particularly select which apps get to make use of darkish mode by tapping More Dark mode choices.
Is LG Wing’s distinctive design alone sufficient to assist it achieve India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly know-how podcast, which you’ll be able to subscribe to by way of Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button under.