Dedicated Freight Corridor: The devoted freight hall (DFC), one of many nation’s largest railway infrastructure initiatives, is about to remodel the Indian Railways community and revolutionize freight transportation system. V.Okay.Yadav, Chairman and CEO of Railway Board introduced on Saturday, December 26 by means of a digital convention, that 306 km lengthy Rewari-Madar part of Western DFC and 351 km lengthy Khurja-Bhaupur part of Eastern DFC is accomplished. The Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL), liable for implementing the DFC venture, earlier introduced that Indian Railways might be working its freight trains on 40 per cent of the hall by subsequent 12 months. (Also Read: Dedicated Freight Corridor: 40% DFC track to be completed by 2021 )
According to a press release launched by the Railway Ministry, the velocity of freight trains has almost doubled from 24 kmph one 12 months in the past to 46 mph, leading to half the time taken to ferry merchandise. In November 2020, the Indian Railways freight community registered a file loading of 109.68 million tonnes, which is 9 per cent larger in comparison with final 12 months’s loading for a similar interval.
The operational DFC community will decrease the price of general freight operations and can finally be tracked digitally. In the primary part of the devoted freight hall venture, the 1504 km lengthy western DFC and the 1856 km lengthy jap DFC might be constructed. The jap DFC may also embrace a public-private partnership (PPP) part of the Sonnagar-Dankuni route. Here’s how the devoted freight hall will profit the Indian Railways community:
Indian Railways Dedicated Freight Corridor – Features, Benefits:
- The freight corridors are anticipated to decongest the prevailing Indian Railway community
- It will improve the common velocity of products trains from the prevailing 25 kmph to 70 kmph
- It will enable working heavy haul trains and carry an general load of 13,000 tonne
- The hall will facilitate the working of longer and double-stack container trains
- DFC will join the prevailing ports and industrial areas for sooner motion of products
- The DFC venture is an energy-efficient and environment-friendly rail transport system as per world requirements
- It will improve the rail share from the prevailing 30 per cent to 45 per cent and can cut back the logistic value of transportation.