New Delhi: In a benevolent gesture, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday introduced an ex gratia of Rs 50,000 to these households affected by deaths on account of Covid-19.
Kejriwal, who made this announcement, stated the households affected by the coronavirus face many issues at dwelling.
“Several families have lost the bread earner and now none are left to earn for the family. There are many children, who have lost both their parents,” he added.
Below are the bulletins made by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) authorities:
- The authorities offers 5 kg ration to the 72 lakh individuals in Delhi having ration playing cards. The ration is being given freed from price to them this month. Besides, 5 kg ration is supplied by the Centre. So, a complete of 10 kg ration shall be free.
- The Delhi Government will even present ration to these individuals, who should not have ration playing cards but. Last yr too, ration was supplied to the individuals not coated beneath the general public distribution system (PDS) of the National Food Security Act (NFSA). This will start in two to 3 days.
- Every household that has had a loss of life on account of corona shall be given Rs 50,000 every as ex-gratia.
- A pension of Rs 2,500 per 30 days moreover the ex gratia quantity in circumstances the place the only bread winner of a household has handed away on account of Covid.
- The Delhi Government will present Rs 2,500 each month for youngsters, who’ve misplaced at the least considered one of their dad and mom, on account of Covid, until the age of 25. Besides, the Delhi Government will bear the bills of their schooling.
The announcement comes as Delhi reported 4,482 new Covid-19 circumstances, 9,403 recoveries and 265 deaths within the final 24 hours.