New Delhi: Former Union Minister and Congress Chief AK Antony’s son Anil Antony joined the Bharatiya Janata Celebration (BJP) on Thursday, terming it a really “decisive resolution” in his life.
Anil Antony, who headed the Digital Media cell of the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee, resigned from the Congress two months again, after criticising the social gathering’s stand on the controversial documentary sequence of the BBC on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and slammed the social gathering management for working for a “single household” as a substitute of the nation.
— ANI (@ANI) April 6, 2023
“Congress social gathering now just isn’t the Congress I knew after I was rising up, it’s not even the social gathering that existed 5 years again. Now Congress has misplaced all curiosity……. Celebration now has began prioritising the curiosity of 2-3 people,” information company ANI quoted Anil Antony as saying.
Listed here are the important thing developments:
- “This has been a really decisive resolution in my life. A couple of months again, I stop Congress as a result of there was a distinction of opinion relating to a documentary, which I consider was successful on our sovereignty & integrity”: Anil Antony stated after becoming a member of BJP.
- “As we speak, a number of Congress staff and leaders consider it’s their ‘dharma’ to work for a household. My ‘dharma’ is to work for the nation. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a really clear imaginative and prescient of placing India in a number one place in a multi-polar world,” he stated.
- Veteran Congress chief AK Antony stated he’s deeply pained by his son’s resolution and added he would proceed to be a Congress employee until his final breath. “I’m 82 now. I’m on the final levels of my life. I do not understand how lengthy I’ll dwell and I haven’t got any curiosity in having an extended life. I’ll stay a employee of the Indian Nationwide Congress so long as I dwell,” the Congress chief stated.
- AK Antony additionally accused the BJP of destroying the constitutional values of the nation. “Unity in variety is the Indian idea. That’s the actual imaginative and prescient of India’s unity. However the BJP believes solely in uniformity. India’s unity, individuals’s unity, social concord, the whole lot is demolished,” he stated.
- The Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) slammed Anil for becoming a member of the BJP, accusing him of “betraying” his father and veteran social gathering chief Antony on “Maundy Thursday”.
- “As we speak (Maundy Thursday) is the day of Judas (Iscariot) who betrayed Jesus Christ for a cost of 30 silver cash. Many such issues will occur on that day. This (Anil becoming a member of BJP) must also be seen as such an incident,” KPCC chief Sudhakaran stated.
- Chief of Opposition in Kerala Meeting, VD Satheesan, stated Anil is falling into the lure of the BJP and nothing will occur to Congress due to him becoming a member of the saffron social gathering. “Anil has not rendered any providers instantly or not directly to the Congress or the allied organisations. Anil didn’t even carry out the assigned duties correctly,” he stated.
- Senior Congress chief Ramesh Chennithala stated Anil’s resolution to hitch the BJP was immature.
- Talking on the problem, senior Congress chief Ambika Soni stated, “We should not hyperlink this resolution of Anil Antony with AK Antony. It’s unhappy to see a person from such a household, by giving this small excuse, goes to work for many who are dividing the nation.”
- In the meantime, Kerala’s ruling CPI(M) stated there aren’t any boundaries that prevented Congressmen from becoming a member of the BJP. CPI(M) state secretary MV Govindan stated it’s simple to change events as a result of the political positions of each events are the identical.